Professional Vision serves patients
in Timonium, Carney & Ellicott City
Professional Vision is a boutique family eyecare practice, with fashionable designer frames and sunglasses. We have an eye doctor available for appointments for contact lenses, comprehensive eye exams, treatment of eye diseases, and emergency care, 6 days a week, at all 3 offices.
What makes Professional Vision unique?
- Vision Services - Eye exams, emergency visits, contact lenses, LASIK and cataract surgery co-management, and treatment of eye diseases..
- Dedicated Doctors - Our optometrists spend quality time with each patient.
- Designer Eyewear - Fashion frames, premium lenses, contacts & accessories.
- Dry Eye Specialists - Expert care and management of dry eyes.
- Eye Care Technology - The latest, cutting edge medical eyecare equipment.
- Insurance - Most routine vision & medical insurances accepted.
Read reviews from our happy patients and share your experience at Timonium, Ellicott City or Carney on Google. We also serve the surrounding area including White Marsh and Perry Hall. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Q&A with Dr. B
Dr. Barnstein Answers Your Eyecare Questions
What causes red eyes in photos?
The “red-eye effect” in photos, is caused by light reflecting off of the retina, especially when a flash is used in dim lighting. People who generally have large pupils, in dim light, tend to experience “the red eye effect” with photos. The red color is due to the rich blood supply of one of the layers of the retina called the choroid. Here are some tips for reducing the red-eye effect in photos: 1. Use the Red Eye Reduction setting on a camera: This gives a little pre-flash before the actual photo is taken, to give time for the pupil to constrict. 2. Add brighter lighting in the room: This will also help to reduce the pupil size. 3. Have your objects look slightly off center from the camera. 4. Take the picture without the flash. 5. Edit the photo afterwards.
- Aug 30, 2015 - How Pregnancy Affects Vision
- Aug 16, 2015 - Is Your Baby’s EyeSight Developing Normally?
- Jul 30, 2015 - Guidelines For Picking the Right Pair of Shades
- Sep 8, 2014 - Check Out "Baltimore's Best" Purple Eye Wear Gallery
It's that purple time of year again. Come in and see Baltimore's largest collection of purple eye wear! More »
- Jul 8, 2014 - Join Us on the Professional Vision ZEISS Stage at the Hot August Music Festival
Professional Vision and Zeiss partner to sponsor the Professional Vision stage at the Hot August Music Festival on Saturday August 16th at Oregon Ridge Park in Cockeysville, MD. More »
- Feb 9, 2014 - We were chosen for "Baltimore's Best Stylish Eyeglasses"
We are proud to have been selected by CBS Baltimore as the place to go for stylish eyewear! More »
- Professional Vision - Timonium Square Shopping Center
2147 York Road
Lutherville - Timonium MD 21093
- Professional Vision - Carney Village Shopping Center
9613 Harford Road, Ste I
Baltimore MD 21234
Phone: (410) 665-6200
Fax: (410) 665-6323
- Professional Vision - St. Johns Plaza in Ellicott City
9150 Baltimore Natl Pike # 15
Ellicott City MD 21042