Professional Vision serves patients
in Timonium, Carney & Ellicott City
Professional Vision is a boutique family eyecare practice, with fashionable designer frames and sunglasses. We have an eye doctor available for appointments for contact lenses, comprehensive eye exams, treatment of eye diseases, and emergency care, 6 days a week, at all 3 offices.
What makes Professional Vision unique?
- Vision Services - Eye exams, emergency visits, contact lenses, LASIK and cataract surgery co-management, and treatment of eye diseases..
- Dedicated Doctors - Our optometrists spend quality time with each patient.
- Designer Eyewear - Fashion frames, premium lenses, contacts & accessories.
- Dry Eye Specialists - Expert care and management of dry eyes.
- Eye Care Technology - The latest, cutting edge medical eyecare equipment.
- Insurance - Most routine vision & medical insurances accepted.
Read reviews from our happy patients and share your experience at Timonium, Ellicott City or Carney on Google. We also serve the surrounding area including White Marsh and Perry Hall. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Q&A with Dr. B
Dr. Barnstein Answers Your Eyecare Questions
What is an Eye Twitch? How Can I Get Rid of it? ( Myokymia )
Most people I know at one time or another have had that annoying eyelid twitch. If you haven’t, it’s when a part of your eyelid pulsates over and over, seemingly coming out of nowhere. For the person that has it, the eyelid pulsation appears like it’s so pronounced that anyone can notice it when they see you. It can last from a few minutes, up to hours, and even days and weeks. What can you do about it? A lid twitch (myokymia) is a spastic, muscle contraction inside of the lid, often related to stress, fatigue, eye strain, caffeine, dry eyes, allergies, and alcohol. I used to get them sometimes while in optometry school before big tests. I often joke with patients that what they need is a nice vacation! Whatever it is that you usually do to try and relieve stress may alleviate the symptoms some. I would exercise to help with stress back in the school days when I did get lid twitches. Most of the time eyelid twitches are harmless. Sometimes an eyelid twitch with both lids can be associated with blepharospasm and hemifacial spasms, which can be more serious and should be examined by an eye doctor. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Have a great day!
- Apr 30, 2015 - Enjoying Life During Eye Allergy Season
- Mar 31, 2015 - Can you Really Go Blind from Looking at a Solar Eclipse?
- Mar 19, 2015 - 10 Steps to Prevent Vision Loss
- Sep 8, 2014 - Check Out "Baltimore's Best" Purple Eye Wear Gallery
It's that purple time of year again. Come in and see Baltimore's largest collection of purple eye wear! More »
- Jul 8, 2014 - Join Us on the Professional Vision ZEISS Stage at the Hot August Music Festival
Professional Vision and Zeiss partner to sponsor the Professional Vision stage at the Hot August Music Festival on Saturday August 16th at Oregon Ridge Park in Cockeysville, MD. More »
- Feb 9, 2014 - We were chosen for "Baltimore's Best Stylish Eyeglasses"
We are proud to have been selected by CBS Baltimore as the place to go for stylish eyewear! More »
- Professional Vision - Timonium Square Shopping Center
2147 York Road
Lutherville - Timonium MD 21093
- Professional Vision - Carney Village Shopping Center
9613 Harford Road, Ste I
Baltimore MD 21234
Phone: (410) 665-6200
Fax: (410) 665-6323
- Professional Vision - St. Johns Plaza in Ellicott City
9150 Baltimore Natl Pike # 15
Ellicott City MD 21042