Professional Vision serves patients
in Timonium, Carney & Ellicott City
Professional Vision is a boutique family eyecare practice, with fashionable designer frames and sunglasses. We have an eye doctor available for appointments for contact lenses, comprehensive eye exams, treatment of eye diseases, and emergency care, 6 days a week, at all 3 offices.
What makes Professional Vision different from other eyecare offices I've been to?
- Vision Services - Eye exams, emergency visits, contact lenses, LASIK and cataract surgery co-management, and treatment of eye diseases..
- Dedicated Doctors - Our optometrists spend quality time with each patient.
- Designer Eyewear - Fashion frames, premium lenses, contacts & accessories.
- Dry Eye Specialists - Expert care and management of dry eyes.
- Eye Care Technology - The latest, cutting edge medical eyecare equipment.
- Insurance - Most routine vision & medical insurances accepted.
Read reviews from our happy patients and share your experience at Timonium, Ellicott City or Carney on Google. We also serve the surrounding area including White Marsh and Perry Hall. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Q&A with Dr. B
Dr. Barnstein Answers Your Eyecare Questions
What are some simple tips for nutrition and the eyes?
1. Have Your Annual Eye Health Examination: Most people have heard the term, “preventative care.” When it comes to the eyes and nutrition, many eye diseases can be not only diagnosed in an eye health examination, but also identified by the doctor before the eye condition becomes a problem. If it’s been more than a year since your last eye health examination, be sure to schedule an appointment with your eye doctor.
2. Have a Physical: This goes back to preventative care and also discussing family histories with your primary care doctor. For instance, if a doctor diagnoses diabetes during a physical, they can discuss the importance of an annual eye health examination, and also go over a nutritional management plan.
3. Eat a Diet High in Antioxidants (fruits and vegetables).(Check w/ your Doctor on this.): Many studies show that eating a diet high in antioxidants, can have preventative effects on eye conditions. People should also consult with their primary care doctor, or a nutritionist. For instance, while fruits contain a lot of antioxidant benefits, they also have a lot of sugar. So a diabetic person needs to speak with their primary care doctor/endocrinologist/nutritionist about this to determine what’s best for them.
4. Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids: Numerous studies have shown that omega 3 essential fatty acids can have preventative effects on eye conditions like macular degeneration, dry eye syndrome, and diabetic retinopathy. Omega 3 Essential Fatty acids have also been known to aid in the vision development of children. The best omega 3 fatty acids are generally those derived from fatty fish. Check with your primary care doctor/nutritionist to determine what dosage is best for you
5. Consider Taking a Multivitamin for Starters: When it comes to taking multivitamins and other vitamins/antioxidants that can help with the eyes, I recommend consulting with your primary care doctor about dosage, etc.
- Aug 27, 2014 - Cutting Edge Glaucoma Technology
A futuristic, yet simplistic, eye implant paired with a smartphone app may change the way eye doctors treat glaucoma. More »
- Aug 24, 2014 - Comfortable Vision for Back-to-school Reading
- Jul 24, 2014 - Be on the Lookout for Vision Problems this Summer Break
- Jul 8, 2014 - Join Us on the Professional Vision ZEISS Stage at the Hot August Music Festival
Professional Vision and Zeiss partner to sponsor the Professional Vision stage at the Hot August Music Festival on Saturday August 16th at Oregon Ridge Park in Cockeysville, MD. More »
- Feb 9, 2014 - We were chosen for "Baltimore's Best Stylish Eyeglasses"
We are proud to have been selected by CBS Baltimore as the place to go for stylish eyewear! More »
- Professional Vision - Timonium Square Shopping Center
2147 York Road
Lutherville - Timonium MD 21093
- Professional Vision - Carney Village Shopping Center
9613 Harford Road, Ste I
Baltimore MD 21234
Phone: (410) 665-6200
Fax: (410) 665-6323
- Professional Vision - St. Johns Plaza in Ellicott City
9150 Baltimore Natl Pike # 15
Ellicott City MD 21042