Professional Vision serves patients
in Timonium, Carney & Ellicott City
Professional Vision is a boutique family eyecare practice, with fashionable designer frames and sunglasses. We have an eye doctor available for appointments for contact lenses, comprehensive eye exams, treatment of eye diseases, and emergency care, 6 days a week, at all 3 offices.
What makes Professional Vision different from other eyecare offices I've been to?
- Vision Services - Eye exams, emergency visits, contact lenses, LASIK and cataract surgery co-management, and treatment of eye diseases..
- Dedicated Doctors - Our optometrists spend quality time with each patient.
- Designer Eyewear - Fashion frames, premium lenses, contacts & accessories.
- Dry Eye Specialists - Expert care and management of dry eyes.
- Eye Care Technology - The latest, cutting edge medical eyecare equipment.
- Insurance - Most routine vision & medical insurances accepted.
Read reviews from our happy patients and share your experience at Timonium, Ellicott City or Carney on Google. We also serve the surrounding area including White Marsh and Perry Hall. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Q&A with Dr. B
Dr. Barnstein Answers Your Eyecare Questions
What is dry eye syndrome? Can I Still wear contact lenses?
I’ve had dry eye syndrome for many years now, and it’s no fun! Especially if you want to wear contact lenses! The good news is that in most cases, there is a way for many people with dry eyes to be able to wear contact lenses. Dry eyes is a lack of functioning of the “good tears” or oily lubricating tears in our eyes. Patients will often ask me, “if my eyes are dry, why do they water so much?” What I’ll explain is that, just like if you got poked in the eye, or a bug flew in your eye, where it starts to water, the same applies to dry eyes. The watering is a reflex response to your eyes saying, “my eyes feel sore!” There’s a lack of lubricating tears. This confuses many patients, because of the simplicity of the term, “dry eyes.” But make no mistake about it. Dry eyes is a real medical condition that affects millions of Americans each year. We treat dry eyes in a multitude of ways including punctal plugs,steroid drops, Restasis, and many more. If you suffer from dry eyes, there may still be ways that you can wear contact lenses. I’m living proof of that. I suffer from dry eyes, and seasonal allergies, where I fall into the “difficult to fit contact lens” category. Personally, I’ve had the most success with daily disposable (one day) contact lenses, when it comes to working with dry eyes. Sometimes, patients with dry eyes may have to modify their contact lens wearing schedule, where they may need to limit wearing their contact lenses to evenings, weekends, social wear, and exercise.
- Feb 12, 2015 - Living With Low Vision
- Jan 27, 2015 - Under Pressure: Are you at Risk for Glaucoma?
- Dec 31, 2014 - Know How and When to Treat an Eye Infection
- Sep 8, 2014 - Check Out "Baltimore's Best" Purple Eye Wear Gallery
It's that purple time of year again. Come in and see Baltimore's largest collection of purple eye wear! More »
- Jul 8, 2014 - Join Us on the Professional Vision ZEISS Stage at the Hot August Music Festival
Professional Vision and Zeiss partner to sponsor the Professional Vision stage at the Hot August Music Festival on Saturday August 16th at Oregon Ridge Park in Cockeysville, MD. More »
- Feb 9, 2014 - We were chosen for "Baltimore's Best Stylish Eyeglasses"
We are proud to have been selected by CBS Baltimore as the place to go for stylish eyewear! More »
- Professional Vision - Timonium Square Shopping Center
2147 York Road
Lutherville - Timonium MD 21093
- Professional Vision - Carney Village Shopping Center
9613 Harford Road, Ste I
Baltimore MD 21234
Phone: (410) 665-6200
Fax: (410) 665-6323
- Professional Vision - St. Johns Plaza in Ellicott City
9150 Baltimore Natl Pike # 15
Ellicott City MD 21042