Professional Vision serves patients
in Timonium, Carney & Ellicott City
Professional Vision is a boutique family eyecare practice, with fashionable designer frames and sunglasses. We have an eye doctor available for appointments for contact lenses, comprehensive eye exams, treatment of eye diseases, and emergency care, 6 days a week, at all 3 offices.
What makes Professional Vision different from other eyecare offices I've been to?
- Vision Services - Eye exams, emergency visits, contact lenses, LASIK and cataract surgery co-management, and treatment of eye diseases..
- Dedicated Doctors - Our optometrists spend quality time with each patient.
- Designer Eyewear - Fashion frames, premium lenses, contacts & accessories.
- Dry Eye Specialists - Expert care and management of dry eyes.
- Eye Care Technology - The latest, cutting edge medical eyecare equipment.
- Insurance - Most routine vision & medical insurances accepted.
Read reviews from our happy patients and share your experience at Timonium, Ellicott City or Carney on Google. We also serve the surrounding area including White Marsh and Perry Hall. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Q&A with Dr. B
Dr. Barnstein Answers Your Eyecare Questions
Whether it’s the computer, surfing the net on your smart phone, texting, or desk work, eventually most of us around 40 start to notice some forms of eye strain at near. Presbyopia is when the ability of your eyes to focus at near start to gradually decrease. WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT?
1. Single Vision Reading/Computer Glasses: This is a simple solution, where it’s still important to visit your eye doctor to get the most accurate prescription. Over the counter readers can seem to help, but they do not correct any astigmatism (oval shape of the eye which causes distortion), and most people have different prescriptions in each eye. To minimize strain at near, be sure to visit your eye doctor to obtain the most accurate near prescription.
2. Progressive lenses (no line bifocals): This gives people the ability to see at both distance and near, without having 2 pairs of glasses, or having to take reading glasses off to see at distance. It’s important to note that not all progressive lenses are the same. Many discount retail opticals sell progressives at a low price, but the optics can be lower in quality. At Professional Vision, we fit a premium progressive with high quality optics, which can give a wider reading area, less distortion, and a smoother transition from distance to near.
3. Contact Lenses (Multifocal Options): The doctors at Professional Vision specialize in “difficult to fit” contact lenses. Personally, I wear a one day disposable multifocal contact lens in one eye, and a one day astigmatism contact lens in the other eye. Sound complicated? It works great for me! There are some fantastic contact lenses out there today to help with those approaching 40 that suffer from eyestrain at near.
- Nov 25, 2014 - Do You Know the Facts About Diabetic Eye Disease?
November is Diabetic Eye Disease Awareness Month. Do you know the facts? More »
- Oct 31, 2014 - 7 Things You Should Know About Eyelid Twitches
- Sep 28, 2014 - World Sight Day Challenge – No More Avoidable Blindness
- Sep 8, 2014 - Check Out "Baltimore's Best" Purple Eye Wear Gallery
It's that purple time of year again. Come in and see Baltimore's largest collection of purple eye wear! More »
- Jul 8, 2014 - Join Us on the Professional Vision ZEISS Stage at the Hot August Music Festival
Professional Vision and Zeiss partner to sponsor the Professional Vision stage at the Hot August Music Festival on Saturday August 16th at Oregon Ridge Park in Cockeysville, MD. More »
- Feb 9, 2014 - We were chosen for "Baltimore's Best Stylish Eyeglasses"
We are proud to have been selected by CBS Baltimore as the place to go for stylish eyewear! More »
- Professional Vision - Timonium Square Shopping Center
2147 York Road
Lutherville - Timonium MD 21093
- Professional Vision - Carney Village Shopping Center
9613 Harford Road, Ste I
Baltimore MD 21234
Phone: (410) 665-6200
Fax: (410) 665-6323
- Professional Vision - St. Johns Plaza in Ellicott City
9150 Baltimore Natl Pike # 15
Ellicott City MD 21042