Professional Vision serves patients
in Timonium, Carney & Ellicott City
Professional Vision is a boutique family eyecare practice, with fashionable designer frames and sunglasses. We have an eye doctor available for appointments for contact lenses, comprehensive eye exams, treatment of eye diseases, and emergency care, 6 days a week, at all 3 offices.
What makes Professional Vision unique?
- Vision Services - Eye exams, emergency visits, contact lenses, LASIK and cataract surgery co-management, and treatment of eye diseases..
- Dedicated Doctors - Our optometrists spend quality time with each patient.
- Designer Eyewear - Fashion frames, premium lenses, contacts & accessories.
- Dry Eye Specialists - Expert care and management of dry eyes.
- Eye Care Technology - The latest, cutting edge medical eyecare equipment.
- Insurance - Most routine vision & medical insurances accepted.
Read reviews from our happy patients and share your experience at Timonium, Ellicott City or Carney on Google. We also serve the surrounding area including White Marsh and Perry Hall. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Q&A with Dr. B
Dr. Barnstein Answers Your Eyecare Questions
If my eyes water how can I have dry eyes?
There are two basic types of tears; lubricating tears and reflex tears. Lubricating tears are the normal tears that help to properly lubricate our eyes so they feel comfortable and stay healthy. Reflex tears occur when the eyes feel some type of discomfort. If someone has a gnat fly into their eye, their eyes then water because of the reflex tear response. If someone gets poked in the eye, the eye will then probably hurt, and also water from the reflex tear response. If we are outside on a cold windy day, the cold air has a drying effect on our normal tear film, causing evaporation where our eyes defense mechanism kicks in a reflex tear response. The reflex tear mechanism happens as a result of some form of pain or discomfort, which then makes the eyes water. Here is one of my previous blog posts, on Simple Steps to Relieve Dry Eye. In addition to dry eye syndrome, there are countless reasons why the eye could be watering. If your eyes water, be sure to visit your eye doctor to have your eyes examined, so they can help you to get your eyes feeling better.
- Jul 24, 2015 - 6 Things You Need To Know About Cataracts
- May 29, 2015 - 5 Ways to Ensure Healthy Vision
- May 17, 2015 - What Women Need to Know About Eye Health
- Sep 8, 2014 - Check Out "Baltimore's Best" Purple Eye Wear Gallery
It's that purple time of year again. Come in and see Baltimore's largest collection of purple eye wear! More »
- Jul 8, 2014 - Join Us on the Professional Vision ZEISS Stage at the Hot August Music Festival
Professional Vision and Zeiss partner to sponsor the Professional Vision stage at the Hot August Music Festival on Saturday August 16th at Oregon Ridge Park in Cockeysville, MD. More »
- Feb 9, 2014 - We were chosen for "Baltimore's Best Stylish Eyeglasses"
We are proud to have been selected by CBS Baltimore as the place to go for stylish eyewear! More »
- Professional Vision - Timonium Square Shopping Center
2147 York Road
Lutherville - Timonium MD 21093
- Professional Vision - Carney Village Shopping Center
9613 Harford Road, Ste I
Baltimore MD 21234
Phone: (410) 665-6200
Fax: (410) 665-6323
- Professional Vision - St. Johns Plaza in Ellicott City
9150 Baltimore Natl Pike # 15
Ellicott City MD 21042