Professional Vision serves patients
in Timonium, Carney & Ellicott City
Professional Vision is a boutique family eyecare practice, with fashionable designer frames and sunglasses. We have an eye doctor available for appointments for contact lenses, comprehensive eye exams, treatment of eye diseases, and emergency care, 6 days a week, at all 3 offices.
What makes Professional Vision unique?
- Vision Services - Eye exams, emergency visits, contact lenses, LASIK and cataract surgery co-management, and treatment of eye diseases..
- Dedicated Doctors - Our optometrists spend quality time with each patient.
- Designer Eyewear - Fashion frames, premium lenses, contacts & accessories.
- Dry Eye Specialists - Expert care and management of dry eyes.
- Eye Care Technology - The latest, cutting edge medical eyecare equipment.
- Insurance - Most routine vision & medical insurances accepted.
Read reviews from our happy patients and share your experience at Timonium, Ellicott City or Carney on Google. We also serve the surrounding area including White Marsh and Perry Hall. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Q&A with Dr. B
Dr. Barnstein Answers Your Eyecare Questions
My Kids Passed the school screening. Do they still need an eye exam?
My patients with children will often ask this question. While school screenings serve a great purpose to pick up potential vision problems with kids, they’re not a substitute for a comprehensive eye health examination. I have many pediatric patients who passed school screenings with undiagnosed visual conditions. I also have many pediatric patients who fail their school screenings, and still wind up having perfect vision at their eye health examination. Most parents that I see have vision plans, where their children are covered under their insurance for routine eye examinations. If you have any questions about your insurance, feel free to contact our staff. They can look up and verify whether your child is eligible for an eye examination. Vision screenings can easily miss eye conditions such as astigmatism, amblyopia,hyperopia, and strabismus. These screenings usually do not check the health of the eyes for any conditions with the retina, cornea, lens, and iris. The doctors at Professional Vision examine children every day. If you’ve been waiting on making sure that your child has excellent vision, and healthy eyes, please give us a call! Have a great day!
- Mar 31, 2015 - Can you Really Go Blind from Looking at a Solar Eclipse?
- Mar 19, 2015 - 10 Steps to Prevent Vision Loss
- Mar 11, 2015 - Refocus on the Digital Age with Computer Glasses
- Sep 8, 2014 - Check Out "Baltimore's Best" Purple Eye Wear Gallery
It's that purple time of year again. Come in and see Baltimore's largest collection of purple eye wear! More »
- Jul 8, 2014 - Join Us on the Professional Vision ZEISS Stage at the Hot August Music Festival
Professional Vision and Zeiss partner to sponsor the Professional Vision stage at the Hot August Music Festival on Saturday August 16th at Oregon Ridge Park in Cockeysville, MD. More »
- Feb 9, 2014 - We were chosen for "Baltimore's Best Stylish Eyeglasses"
We are proud to have been selected by CBS Baltimore as the place to go for stylish eyewear! More »
- Professional Vision - Timonium Square Shopping Center
2147 York Road
Lutherville - Timonium MD 21093
- Professional Vision - Carney Village Shopping Center
9613 Harford Road, Ste I
Baltimore MD 21234
Phone: (410) 665-6200
Fax: (410) 665-6323
- Professional Vision - St. Johns Plaza in Ellicott City
9150 Baltimore Natl Pike # 15
Ellicott City MD 21042