Professional Vision serves patients
in Timonium, Carney & Ellicott City
Professional Vision is a boutique family eyecare practice, with fashionable designer frames and sunglasses. We have an eye doctor available for appointments for contact lenses, comprehensive eye exams, treatment of eye diseases, and emergency care, 6 days a week, at all 3 offices.
What makes Professional Vision different from other eyecare offices I've been to?
- Vision Services - Eye exams, emergency visits, contact lenses, LASIK and cataract surgery co-management, and treatment of eye diseases..
- Dedicated Doctors - Our optometrists spend quality time with each patient.
- Designer Eyewear - Fashion frames, premium lenses, contacts & accessories.
- Dry Eye Specialists - Expert care and management of dry eyes.
- Eye Care Technology - The latest, cutting edge medical eyecare equipment.
- Insurance - Most routine vision & medical insurances accepted.
Read reviews from our happy patients and share your experience at Timonium, Ellicott City or Carney on Google. We also serve the surrounding area including White Marsh and Perry Hall. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Q&A with Dr. B
Dr. Barnstein Answers Your Eyecare Questions
What can you do to help relieve dry eye?
We treat and manage dry eye syndrome in a multitude of ways, from punctal plugs, to prescription drops like Restasis or steroids, to treatment of the eyelids which can be a major factor with dry eye. Many sufferers from dry eye may not realize that this is a medical condition, where the services by your eye doctor can be covered through your medical insurance. Here are some easy ways to treat dry eye on your own, in conjunction with being managed and followed by your eye doctor.
- Artificial Tears: There are often many different choices, and different combinations but we suggest for starters, just trying “lubricant eye drops.” Some people use these many times a day, while others use the drops as needed.
- Omega 3 fatty acids have been found to have anti-inflammatory effects on our bodies. Dry eye has an inflammatory component to it, where omega 3 fatty acids have been found to aid in dry eye relief.
- Warm compresses can loosen up the clogged meibomian glands in the eyelids. These oil glands aid in lubricating the cornea.
- Stop smoking: Smoke can alter and irritate the tear film.
- Humidifier: Many of my dry eye patients notice more irritation when the heat’s cranking in the winter. Try using a humidifier in the room where you spend the most time.
- Drink plenty of water: Hydration has numerous positive effects on the body, including one more piece to the puzzle in helping to relieve dry eye.
- Oct 23, 2014 - October is “Eye Injury Prevention Month” in the USA and “Eye Health Month” in Canada
- Sep 28, 2014 - World Sight Day Challenge – No More Avoidable Blindness
- Sep 18, 2014 - Protect Children's Eyes During Sports
- Sep 8, 2014 - Check Out "Baltimore's Best" Purple Eye Wear Gallery
It's that purple time of year again. Come in and see Baltimore's largest collection of purple eye wear! More »
- Jul 8, 2014 - Join Us on the Professional Vision ZEISS Stage at the Hot August Music Festival
Professional Vision and Zeiss partner to sponsor the Professional Vision stage at the Hot August Music Festival on Saturday August 16th at Oregon Ridge Park in Cockeysville, MD. More »
- Feb 9, 2014 - We were chosen for "Baltimore's Best Stylish Eyeglasses"
We are proud to have been selected by CBS Baltimore as the place to go for stylish eyewear! More »
- Professional Vision - Timonium Square Shopping Center
2147 York Road
Lutherville - Timonium MD 21093
- Professional Vision - Carney Village Shopping Center
9613 Harford Road, Ste I
Baltimore MD 21234
Phone: (410) 665-6200
Fax: (410) 665-6323
- Professional Vision - St. Johns Plaza in Ellicott City
9150 Baltimore Natl Pike # 15
Ellicott City MD 21042