Professional Vision serves patients
in Timonium, Carney & Ellicott City
Professional Vision is a boutique family eyecare practice, with fashionable designer frames and sunglasses. We have an eye doctor available for appointments for contact lenses, comprehensive eye exams, treatment of eye diseases, and emergency care, 6 days a week, at all 3 offices.
What makes Professional Vision different from other eyecare offices I've been to?
- Vision Services - Eye exams, emergency visits, contact lenses, LASIK and cataract surgery co-management, and treatment of eye diseases..
- Dedicated Doctors - Our optometrists spend quality time with each patient.
- Designer Eyewear - Fashion frames, premium lenses, contacts & accessories.
- Dry Eye Specialists - Expert care and management of dry eyes.
- Eye Care Technology - The latest, cutting edge medical eyecare equipment.
- Insurance - Most routine vision & medical insurances accepted.
Read reviews from our happy patients and share your experience at Timonium, Ellicott City or Carney on Google. We also serve the surrounding area including White Marsh and Perry Hall. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Q&A with Dr. B
Dr. Barnstein Answers Your Eyecare Questions
What are the best ways to wear contact lenses if I have a history of allergies and allergic conjunctivitis?
The Baltimore area in recent years has had some pollen levels off the charts! Symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis can include itching, watery eyes, and a white stringy discharge. One of the more bothersome complications for contact lens wear patients with allergies is Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis which causes bumps underneath the upper lid. When the upper lid blinks over that contact lens thousands of times a day, these bumps from GPC rub against the contact, causing discomfort, irritation, and even a stickiness, where the bumps under the lids can drag the contact lens out of place. There are some great peroxide based solutions like Clearcare that clean the surface of the lens to maximize comfort and minimize protein and pollen related buildup. For eye allergy sufferers, I usually explain that the healthiest way to wear contact lenses is with a daily disposable or one day contact lens. Each day that a contact lens wearer puts in a one day contact lens, it’s a clean, crisp, sterile contact lens, which means the contact lens surface has minimal time to build up protein, and other allergy related issues that stick on the lens,. If you have had trouble wearing contacts comfortably, feel free to contact me to explore your options.
- Jul 24, 2014 - Be on the Lookout for Vision Problems this Summer Break
- Jul 17, 2014 - Should You Be Worried About Eye Floaters?
- Jul 8, 2014 - Join Us on the Professional Vision ZEISS Stage at the Hot August Music Festival
Professional Vision and Zeiss partner to sponsor the Professional Vision stage at the Hot August Music Festival on Saturday August 16th at Oregon Ridge Park in Cockeysville, MD. More »
- Jun 29, 2014 - Keeping an Eye on Cataracts
- Feb 9, 2014 - We were chosen for "Baltimore's Best Stylish Eyeglasses"
We are proud to have been selected by CBS Baltimore as the place to go for stylish eyewear! More »
- Professional Vision - Timonium Square Shopping Center
2147 York Road
Lutherville - Timonium MD 21093
- Professional Vision - Carney Village Shopping Center
9613 Harford Road, Ste I
Baltimore MD 21234
Phone: (410) 665-6200
Fax: (410) 665-6323
- Professional Vision - St. Johns Plaza in Ellicott City
9150 Baltimore Natl Pike # 15
Ellicott City MD 21042